- The highest individual blessing which is the privilege of sonship (also touched on in Romans and Galatians);
- The greatest divine secret which is God’s ultimate purpose to manifest the glory of Christ, to bring all things under the headship of Christ in a coming day;
- The highest collective blessing which is the fact that Christ will possess His inheritance through a special vessel; namely, the Church which is His Body and Bride.
- “In Christ” is our individual position before God.
- “Christ in you” is Christ seen in the saints collectively because of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
"The Mystery". Often we think of a “mystery” as something that is difficult to discover or decipher. Paul does not use the word in this way. Rather, it refers to a secret counsel of God that was previously unknown in the Old Testament, but now revealed and made plain. It could not be known by anything but divine revelation; in fact, it is one of four special revelations given to the Apostle Paul. The teaching of "the Mystery" is found in Ephesians and Colossians.read more…
- The Epistle to the Ephesians. (by Hamilton Smith)
- The Epistle to the Ephesians (by J. N. Darby)
- Ephesians (by F. B. Hole)
- The Epistle to the Ephesians (by W. Kelly)
- Synopsis of the Books of the Bible (by J. N. Darby)
- The Epistle to the Ephesians (by Bruce Anstey)