Death in scripture is always connected with separation:
- Physical death – the body separate from Spirit (Jam. 2:26).
- Spiritual death – man in the world separated from God, and completely unresponsive to Him (Eph. 2:1).
- Moral death – one becomes so morally corrupt that conscience no longer functions properly (Rom. 1:24).
- Sin death – separation from the sphere of sin (Rom 6:2).
- Conscience death – a life of misery lived in complete opposition to the voice of conscience (Rom 7:9).
- Communion death – to be unable to communicate with the source of eternal life due to a low state (Rom. 8:13).
- Eternal death – eternal separation from God in the Lake of Fire (Rev. 20).