Exodus 3:1 – 6:27
- The Deliverer Called (Exodus 3)
- Objections and Disqualifications Overcome (Exodus 4)
- Unsuccessful Attempts to Deliver (Exodus 5 – 6:12)
- The Deliverers Identified (6:13-27)
The Deliverer Called (Exodus 3)
The Burning Bush (vv.1-6)
As an application – No man knoweth the Son save the Father. The person of the Son is a mystery which we cannot understand. When Moses saw the burning bush he turned aside to see it. The bush is his manhood, the fire is His deity. We cannot fathom how humanity was not consumed by deity in union as they were with the Lord Jesus. Moses is told to “put off thy shoes from off thy feet”.
God’s Intention to Deliver Israel (vv.7-12)
God’s Dispensational Name of Jehovah Revealed (vv.7-15)
15 And God said moreover to Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you. This is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
Moses’ Commission (vv.16-22)
Objections and Disqualifications Overcome (Exodus 4)
Lack of Power: Three Signs Given (vv.1-9)
- The rod turned to serpent: the Devil is the power behind those authorities that oppose God and His people. We must learn that we are under Satan’s power, before we can experience God’s deliverance.
- The hand in the bosom turned to leprosy: the flesh is rotten to the core, in each one of us. We must realize this in order to have deliverance from it.
- The water turned to blood: the world is fed by moral death. We must realize this too, in order to avoid its temptations.